The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour or also known as Everest heli tour, where you are taken to see Mt.Everest, gives you a quick look of Everest region finally allowing you to land on Everest Base Camp or Kalapathar. This Helicopter tour of Everest is so far the best Ariel tour in the world.
Everest Base Camp Heli tour starts from Kathmandu, flying east from Kathmandu towards the beautiful Sherpa village and the gateway to Everest, Lukla. After fueling in Lukla, the flight starts flying towards Everest Base Camp / Kalapathar. The flight goes over the Tengboche, Dingboche, Gorakshep and Khumbu glacier to reach the Base camp of Mount Everest.
This ultimate helicopter ride gives you some of the best mountain views and sceneries. You will be given maximum of 5 minutes of landing time at base camp due to the altitude threat. And on the way back, you will be given 20 minutes at Syangboche (Hotel Everest view) to take tea/coffee or Breakfast. Syangboche has excellent views of Mt. Everest and its range. Further, you will fly back to Lukla for fueling and then to Kathmandu to end your lifetime Experience of Everest Base Camp tour by helicopter.
Phase 1: Kathmandu - Lukla (fueling)
Ground Time: 5 Minutes
Phase 2: Lukla - Everest base camp ( Kalapatthar )
Flight Time: 25 Minutes
Ground Time: 7-10 Minutes
Phase 3: Everest base camp ( Kalapatthar ) - Syangboche
Flight Time: 15 Minutes
Ground Time: 30 Minutes
Phase 4: Syangboche - Lukla - Kathmandu
Flight Time: 1 hrs 10 minutes
Total Trip Duration: Approx. 3.5 Hrs
All government tax
Sightseeing as per itinerary
National park entry permit (NRS. 3,200 per person)
Airport tax (NRS. 200)
Any meals, accommodation or drinks
1) How can the middle ones enjoy the view when there are 5 / 6 person on Board?
-Even though we fly 5/6 Pax from Kathmandu, we will do two shuttles with each 3 Pax from Pheriche (Place in Everest Region). If you are more than 3 there will be two flights from Pheriche to EBC each carrying not more than 3/3 persons. This allows you to enjoy the Great views from your Seats.
2) What kind of Helicopter is used for the Tour?
- Air Bus 350 Series will be used for the tour making
3) What is the Weight limit?
- The Passenger Weight limit from Kathmandu to Lukla is 450 Kg’s in Total. While the weight limit is Only 210 KG’s in Everest Base Camp/Kalapatthar. This is another region for making two shuttles from Pheriche for more than 3 Pax.
4) What kind of Clothes do we need on the Tour?
- Everest is cold but at the same time it’s sunny and very windy. During the winter months, September – February, You will need warm clothes with thermal worn inside. Make sure you have something that blocks wind too. Gloves, Sun Glasses, Neck Mufflers, Nice comfortable warm shoes, are other important things not to forger. Before leaving the Hotel, you might want to put cold cream in your face.
While, during the summer months, March – August, Warm clothes with wind stoppers and nice shoes can work. Sunglasses and face cream should not be forgotten.
We suggest, ask us the weather and climate updates before you leave your home country
5) What time does the tour starts and how long does it ends?
- The Tour Starts at 07:00 AM in the Morning. The Tour Lasts for 3.5 – 4 Hours. Kindly confirm your tour timing 1 day before your tour date. The tour time may vary depending upon weather/political and various situation.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour is most liked sightseeing flight tour in Nepal among local and international travelers. This tour will prove you the lifetime exciting experience of Mt. Everest scenic view and Kalapathhar.
You can watch the video for more details:
It was our dream to be see Everest Base camp and Everest peak very near. After Talking to Mr. Sanjit Kandel on email which was very responsive, we went to nepa just for this trip. Thank you for all the arrangements. And, just wanted to let you know, the idea of having the breakfast on Hotel Everest View was amazing. I recommend it to every one.
Huge thanks for the most amazing amazing day on Saturday. So beautiful up in the mountains and so exciting seeing it by helicopter with the lovely Andrew.
Want to do it all again.
We had a very less time in Nepal. We flew from Delhi for just 4 days in kathmandu. Meanwhile, we did this on the morning on the day we were flying back home. Everything was alright. Never thought i would see Everest this time. But then, yes we did it.
I offered this to my girlfriend. I never realize that his tour could be such an awesome gift for her. Actually, this is the most awesome tour in the world. I still remember we both had breakfast at syangboche with such an awesome view. I highly recommend the tour for couple.
We did it on our Anniversary. We were both very excited and wanted to stand in front of Everest. We first thought of trekking to the base camp, but we didnt have that enough time.
So, we took the Helicopter tour. The tour is perfect and gives you wonderful experience of Mt. Everest.